PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE BRISTOL REMEMBERS SITE
What’s in these terms?
This policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the Bristol Remembers site, link to the site, or interact with the site in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
Bristol Remembers is a site operated by Bristol City Council (‘We’). Our main address is City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or call Customer Service on: 0117 922 2000.
Bristol Remembers is a memorial tribute site for the people of Bristol to share and express the loss felt during the coronavirus pandemic. The site must not be used for commercial purposes in any way.
By using the Bristol Remembers site you accept these Terms
By using the Bristol Remembers site, you confirm that you accept the Terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the site.
Contributors will be asked to provide their name and email address. Their name and contact details will be shared with the Bristol Remembers administrator so they can review their Contribution and contact them about it if necessary.
A ‘Contribution’ is any material, text or image which you contribute to the Bristol Remembers website.
We want your Contribution to be in your own words and reflect your feelings as much as possible, however in some cases it may be necessary for a Bristol Remembers Administrator to edit, amend and/or alter the text or images that are contributed before they are uploaded to the site.
Contributors can request that their Contribution is removed at any point by contacting Customer Service on: 0117 922 2000 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors agree that Contributions are true, accurate, current and complete details. Contributors agree that Contributions are not:
- Defamatory of any person.
- Infringing any intellectual property rights, including copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or organisation.
- Breaching any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Impersonating any person, or misrepresenting their identity or affiliation with any person.
Bristol Remembers administrators will determine, at their discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Contribution Standards.
Contributors agree that they will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of their Contribution not complying with these Contribution Standards.
If you are making a Contribution about someone who has died and you are not the next of kin, please ensure that as a courtesy you have the next of kin’s authority to make your Contribution.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Contributors retain all ownership rights in their content, but grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence in perpetuity to use and reproduce the content.
All intellectual property relating to the website is owned by, or licensed to, Bristol City Council.
Any republication of any part of the Bristol Remembers website, including any content, is not allowed without the express written permission of Bristol City Council. Any breach of this either by individuals, companies or any other organisation will be deemed to be a breach of both the spirit of the website and the legal copyright and we reserve the right to take action to protect the interests of Bristol Remembers, Bristol City Council and Contributors.
You may view the Bristol Remembers site on your computer screen and print its contents on your printer for your personal and non-commercial uses only. Without our written consent, you may not use, transfer, copy or reproduce any part of the content, the website or its source HTML code in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, except for the sole purpose of viewing its content. This includes electronic reproduction by uploading or downloading.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified Contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You undertake that you will not use the Bristol Remembers website for any purpose or in any way that is prohibited by these Terms or is otherwise unlawful. You agree to indemnify us, our officers, employee and licensors in respect of any loss that it or they may suffer as a result, directly or indirectly, of any breach by you of this undertaking.
You may not use the Bristol Remembers site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You agree that you use the Bristol Remembers site entirely at your own risk.
The Bristol Remembers site includes information and materials provided by other users of the site. While this information and materials may have been edited or modified so that they are suitable to be uploaded to the website, they have not been verified or approved by us. We cannot guarantee that the information on the Bristol Remembers site will be accurate, complete or current at all times and accept on liability for any reliance placed by any person on the information. The views expressed by others on the Bristol Remembers site do not represent our views or values.
We make no representations or warranties of any kind about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information contained on the Bristol Remembers website for any purpose. We expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including without limitation, warranties of technical efficiency, satisfactory quality, availability, non-infringement, completeness and fitness for a particular purpose.
We shall not be liable for any damages whatever, including but without limitation to damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of the use or performance of the Bristol Remembers site, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information obtained through the Bristol Remembers site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Bristol Remembers site, whether based on contract, tort, or otherwise, without limitation, even if we have been advised of the possibility of damage.
Notwithstanding anything in these terms Bristol City Council does not disclaim liability for death or injury caused by its own negligence.
We reserve the right to remove any information or material on the Bristol Remembers site without warning, and without prejudice to any other accrued rights, or make available information or material when required to do so by law or when requested to do so by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations. We are not, nor ever will be, liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Bristol Remembers site for any reason.
Rules about linking to the Bristol Remembers site
- You may link to the Bristol Remembers site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Bristol Remembers site in any website that is not owned by you.
- The Bristol Remembers site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this policy.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution made by you to the site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We may amend these terms from time to time by posting a new version on the website and by providing visible links at appropriate points. All users will remain bound by the amended terms. You can request removal of your Contribution at any time if you do not wish to continue to abide with the terms and conditions.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, access to or use of the Bristol Remembers site with or without notice.
Feedback and complaints
If you have any feedback please let us know: